Saturday, December 22, 2012

The 12 Days Of Christmas PT Style

 by Susan E. Davis, PT  


On the first day of Christmas, my PT gave to me:
A Rott-Weiler who was fris-ky!

On the second day of Christmas my PT gave to me:
2 Tarsal Wraps and a Rott-Weiler who was fris-ky!

On the third day of Christmas my PT gave to me:
3 Hamstring stretches, 2 Tarsal Wraps and a Rott-Weiler who was fris-ky!

On the fourth day of Christmas my PT gave to me:
4 Joules of Laser, 3 Hamstring stretches, 2 Tarsal Wraps and a Rott-Weiler who was fris-ky!

On the fifth day of Christmas my PT gave to me:
5 Functional Exercises, 4 Joules of Laser, 3 Hamstring stretches, 2 Tarsal Wraps and a Rott-Weiler who was fris-ky!

On the sixth day of Christmas my PT gave to me:
6 Degrees of Motion, 5 Functional Exercises, 4 Joules of Laser, 3 Hamstring stretches, 2 Tarsal Wraps and a Rott-Weiler who was fris-ky!

On the seventh day of Christmas my PT gave to me:
7 canines swimming, 6 Degrees of Motion, 5 Functional Exercises, 4 Joules of Laser, 3 Hamstring stretches, 2 Tarsal Wraps and a Rott-Weiler who was fris-ky!

On the eighth day of Christmas my PT gave to me:
8 Dr. Buzby’s Toe Grips, 7 canines swimming, 6 Degrees of Motion, 5 Functional Exercises, 4 Joules of Laser, 3 Hamstring stretches, 2 Tarsal Wraps and a Rott-Weiler who was fris-ky!

On the ninth day of Christmas my PT gave to me:
9 Dachshunds Dancing, 8 Dr. Buzby’s Toe Grips, 7 canines swimming, 6 Degrees of Motion, 5 Functional Exercises, 4 Joules of Laser, 3 Hamstring stretches, 2 Tarsal Wraps and a Rott-Weiler who was fris-ky!

On the tenth day of Christmas my PT gave to me:
10 Spaniels Leaping, 9 Dachshunds Dancing, 8 Dr. Buzby’s Toe Grips, 7 canines swimming, 6 Degrees of Motion, 5 Functional Exercises, 4 Joules of Laser, 3 Hamstring stretches, 2 Tarsal Wraps and a Rott-Weiler who was fris-ky!

On the eleventh day of Christmas, my PT gave to me:
11 Blog Postings  (oh, now what have I done!)(you have to count this too), 10 Spaniels Leaping, 9 Dachshunds Dancing, 8 Dr. Buzby’s Toe Grips, 7 canines swimming, 6 Degrees of Motion, 5 Functional Exercises, 4 Joules of Laser, 3 Hamstring stretches, 2 Tarsal Wraps and a Rott-Weiler who was fris-ky!

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my PT gave to me:
12 Gaiting sessions, 11 Blog Postings, 10 Spaniels Leaping, 9 Dachshunds Dancing, 8 Dr. Buzby’s Toe Grips, 7 canines swimming, 6 Degrees of Motion, 5 Functional Exercises, 4 Joules of Laser, 3 Hamstring stretches, 2 Tarsal Wraps and a Rott-Weiler who was fris-ky!

***
Susan E. Davis (Sue) is a licensed Physical Therapist with over 30 years of practice in the human field, who transitioned into the animal world after taking courses at the UT Canine Rehabilitation program.  She is located in Red Bank, New Jersey.

She has been providing PT services to dogs and other animals through her entity Joycare Onsite, LLC in pet’s homes and in vet clinics since 2008.

She also provides pro bono services each week to a shelter and sanctuary for neglected and abused animals.  Sue is the proud “dog mommy” to Penelope, a miniature Dachshund with “attitude”.  For more information see her website www.joycareonsite.com , or follow on Twitter @animalPTsue.


Articles by Susan E. Davis:
Functional Strengthening Exercises: the What, Why and How
One Thing Leads To Another: Why The Second ACL Often Goes Too
Compensation: An Attempt To Restore Harmony
Paring Down to the Canine Core
Canine Massage: Every Dog ‘Kneads’ It”
Photon Power: Can Laser Therapy Help Your Dog?  
Physical Therapy in the Veterinary World  
Reiki: Is it real? 
Dog Lessons: Cooper  
The Essentials Of Canine Injury Prevention: 7 Tips For Keeping Your Dog Safer 
It's Not Just Walking, It's Therapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment