Sunday, July 1, 2012

Adoption Monday: Puppy, Rottweiler Mix, Gardnerville, NV

My name is Puppy. I'm a happy senior citizen despite the fact that I've lost my home at this age. 

I've ended up in the shelter along with my dearest friend, Callie, and we're both looking for a new home, hopefully together. 

I must admit I get a bit insecure without Callie. But I'm a sweet girl who really just wants to spend my golden years in a loving home on a pillow in the sunshine.

Do you think you might be able to take Callie and me into your home? 

We'll love you forever.

By the way, I’m spayed, microchipped, and current on all shots—all ready for a new home.

For more information about me, please call the Douglas Animal Welfare Group at 775-267-7325.

Or come meet me at the Douglas County Animal Shelter.




***

Douglas Animal Welfare Group (DAWG) is a non-profit group of dedicated volunteers and members who rely entirely on donations, membership dues, grants, fund-raising events and recycling programs to fund the goals of its Mission Statement.

DAWG spends its funds on the shelter animals. We pay for spay and neuter, medical emergencies and health problems.  In addition, we pay for training, special diets, treats and canned pet foods.  We use funds to improve the shelter’s kennels , bedding and exercise areas.  We microchip the dogs and cats and pay for their identification registration at no expense to the shelter or adopter.

DAWG Active Volunteers visit with the shelter animals 365 days a year, including holidays when the shelter is closed to the public.  We exercise and walk them, give affection, groom, train, and praise. The time we spend with them gives us information about their behavior which we share with potential adopters.

DAWG educates the community about responsible pet ownership. We provide speakers to community groups and events, printed material, and low-cost vaccination and microchip clinics.

DAWG facilitates the adoption of the dogs and cats through special adoption events, our website, our TV show “DAWG Tails” (cable channel 216 in the Carson Valley and channel 19 at Lake Tahoe), and through newspaper advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment